Information, Education and Demonstration
- GEDA interacts with a network of schools (secondary and higher secondary and primary) across the state through our Bal Urja Rakshak Dal Programme (BURD), which was initiated in 2004-05. The Bal Urja Rakshaks would form a dedicated team to act as social change activists to increase awareness about energy efficient practices and technologies and generate public opinion against power thefts and wasteful use of energy through a series of practical activities in their respective schools, homes and community. And this year – 2010-11, in an initiative to spread digital literacy and to strengthen the Information Communication and Training - ICT Module, BURDies have gone high tech. An Online Teachers Training Module and an Energy Knowledge Portal specially designed to spread knowledge and to upload children’s work on the digital platform and to generate secondary data, BURDies will work on How to make your school green? The Demo Model could lead to designing a scheme for all Schools interested in Greening their Schools for replication. Through two years run of the Green Schools Programme GEDA could generate a databank to Schools interested in going Green.
- Publication of informative, educative, motivational booklets, posters, pamphlets, journals, newsletters, user manuals, technical reports and other literature to meet the need of various groups.
- Energy education packages for various user groups such as women, artisans, teachers, architects and builder, NGO’s and extension workers.
- Public Awareness Programmes through mobile van demonstrations, participating in local, regional and national exhibitions, demonstrations, mela, fairs expos and similar events.
- Production of audio-visuals and electronic communication of renewable energy technologies and energy conservation.
- Demonstration of renewable energy systems through MREDU and permanent Exhibition Centres established established in various districts.
- Development of public learning facilities such as renewable energy edutainment centers. A major state level renewable energy park has been established for this purpose at Science City, Ahmedabad.
- Organization of workshops, seminars, training and public awareness programmes.
- Organization of general and theme-specific exhibitions on renewable energy and energy conservation.
Promotion of renewable energy through the media, celebration, competitions and other popularization efforts.